Impact India Study Abroad Program
- Accommodation: Students will stay on the foundation with Vision International Students
- Location of course: Samarthgad, Gujar-Nimalkarwadi, Katraj Pune 411046 Maharastra, India
- Local in-country coordinators: All coordination teams are English/Hindi speaking.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Roundtrip flight to and from Bush Intercontinental Airport Houston TX to Mumbai International Airport
- Roundtrip transportation to and from Mumbai Airport to Foundation in Pune
- Accommodations at the Vision International Learning Center dormitories
- On-site Meals three times per day + snacks. (Students will have few opportunities for lunch and dinner at restaurants around the city of Pune)
- All excursions transportation
- All orientation before and during your program and all planned activities
- All the required materials when take part in the culture lessons
- Commemorative portfolio, T-shirt and Money/passport pouch
- Your service project supplies
- 24hours/7days support from our U.S and Indian Teachers, Coordinators and Staff
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Spending Money: Due to the favorable exchange rate $200-$300 should be sufficient during your trip
- Visa and Passport: You will need to pay for your visa expense and passport fee.
- Medical Insurance: Participants must provide their own medical coverage while in India. Proof of this coverage must be sent to puranikfoundation.org
- Vaccinations: See health information for travelers to India section.
- Optional Laundry Service: $30
- Tour the 25 acre property, highlighting the alternative energy sources
- Experience an Indian meal at a typical Indian restaurants (Vegetarian Thali)
- Explore Laxmi Road, famous for its garment shops and handmade decorative items.
- Trek through Mahatama Gandhi roads (MG Road), known for big stores, malls and temporary roadside shops offering a multitude of food stalls and ice-cream palors.
- Hiking on the Samarthgad Mountains
- Buddha Caves in Talegoen
- Various temples in Mumbai and Pune
- India Gate (Mumbai)
- And much much more!!!!
THEORY AND HANDS ON ACTIVITIES
- Orientation on Maharastra language and culture and break into groups with Vision International Center (VILC) students
- Attend Yoga class early morning
- Attend Reflection session every morning after breakfast
- Learn one of the eight forms of Indian classical dance-Kathak from professional teachers and express your emotions or tell a story through dancing.
- Learn about the Guru Purnima
- Learn about the Sankranti Festival, celebrate by making and flying kites with VILC students
- Learn about Biomass and gain firsthand experience using biomass for cooking with our foundation’s kitchen staff.
- Learn about Gudi Pawda; celebrate by making and participating in the aarti and procession of mud Ganesha.
- Learn about alternative and renewable energy from WOM engineers and help our foundation’s maintenance committee with bio gas preparation and operations, or with solar panel installation and maintenance
- Learn the history of Dushhera, celebrate by learning and performing the dandiya ras and garba, a traditional folk dance with VILC students and staff
- Teach Vision International Learning Center students:
o Conversational English
o Basic Computer Skills
- Impact India students are responsible for creating lesson plan for their service project. Please choose your service project, send in the lesson plan and supply list to @ puranikfoundation.org. All the teaching materials and supplies will be provided by the foundation. The Puranik Foundation’s representative will contact you regarding your learning project choice and materials list.